Hello, I'm Prince, an interaction designer working to solve complex human-computer interactions through empathetic user research and delightful visual designs.
As a research-driven designer, I have the essential skills to own a product end-to-end, right from sketching to high fidelity visual design and final handoff to developers. I enjoy generating ideas or innovating on concepts to positively affect every touch points of peoples lives.My colleagues would describe me as a resourceful, motivated person who exudes positivity and proactiveness in every circumstance.
I'm currently seeking opportunities that would enable me to fully delve into user research that leads to satisfying visual designs and affect the daily lives of people.
M.F.A in Interaction Design
Purdue University, West Lafayette, USA
August 2017 – (2020) Present
M.A Graphic & Interactive Media
Eastern Illinois University, Charleston,USA
August 2016- May 2017
B.A Industrial Art
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science
and Technology, Kumasi, Ghana
August 2010- May 2014
UX / UI Designer
Miles, Redwood City 🚗
July - December 2019
• I was the product designer for the Refer a friend (RAF) Coupon code feature which was prioritized to drive user acquisition by 5x.
• Owned the user testings and research to redesign the Miles 2.0 Onboarding flow to address edges cases at the login stage.
• Improved microinteractions within the app to increase ease of use.Handed off multiple Lotti animations assets.
• Handled Color patterns, iconography and illustrations on the Miles 2.0 Design Systems.
Freelance UI / UX Designer
Getkale.io, West Lafayette 📈
January - June 2019
• Implemented user flows and advanced product concepts through wireframes, mockups, prototypes and visual design.
User Experience Design Intern
Liquidnet, New York 🗽 📈
May 2018- August 2018
• Brainstormed and ideating and development of a new alert and notification system for the Virtual High Touch (VHT) application using UX methodologies and WCAG 2.0 which drove quick user response.
• Owned the development of new user flow for making orders and chatting Liquidnet mobile application.
• Authored and developed a new form validation and error recovery system for Liquidnet 5 – Enterprise SaaS application which reduced users’ cognitive load.
• Handed off data visualization assets for rapid prototyping for the Liquidnet 5 updates.
• Collaborated with developers to create intuitive forms for the HELM platform for ease in collating member credentials for internal use.
Web UI Designer
Purdue University, West Lafayette 🏫
Sep 2017 - May 2018
• Designed and prototyped the graduate school funding website for development from scratch.
• Debugged the GSPD website using HTML 5 WAI-ARIA tags to make it ADA Compliant.
• Visualized social media campaigns, icons, web assets, brochures, visiting cards, infographics, posters, and logos.